Monday, August 23, 2010

Week 1 - COS E1

Wow! The first week went so much better than it did last term. There were a couple of big snafus -- Bb dumped almost all student users and Banner wasn't accepting add codes -- but even so it was pretty good. I'm chalking it up to better preparation on my part this term. Unlike previously when I had waited until classes started to set up email groups, etc., this time I did it a week early. So, when the technoworld crashed, I still had all the info needed to keep in touch with students.

The second best thing was the way the students came in this time. There are still questions, but it appears students read the files (for the most part) and because of their efforts, things went pretty smoothly -- even though I asked them to create personal blogs for their reflective writing.

I think this is going to be an excellent group to work with. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment